Monday 7 March 2011

Top picks from New York fashion week.

New York fashion week was disappointing. It looks like american disigners have crisis of imagination. Please dear friends, watch the shows from Italy and France where true fashion lives. They should travel or go to museums... What people do when they need inspiration?  I hope spring will be better. Even the lovely Ralph Lauren, Diane fon Furstenberg and Michael Kors could not show the usual chic and grace in their collections. However some designers kept their traditional tendences. 
So was Badgley Mischka. Classical evening dresses attracted me as usual. And especially this green dress. It is green(my favourite color) and has a wonderful black belt which brings more feminine look to this wide dress. 


A new disigner for me was Binetti. I found his collection good but you could see that he is still green. I hope we will see something more complete next season. This is the dress I liked most of all from the collection.

Another surprise was Christian Siriano. I hear about him for the first time as well, but he has a wonderful feminine style. I especially liked this dress which somehow reminds me of flowers.

Then goes Herve Leger. Their collections are always good. What else can I say...

Naeem Khan made a collection full of wonderful evening dresses. This dress is so elegant. It gives a sense of hollywood chic. It would be perfect for the red carpet. 

And here is the designer who is always gorgeous! Oscar de la Renta knows perfectly what is chic, femininity, good cut and luxury patterns. He is never mistaken. Always perfect. 



Jason Wu is improving from season to season. Dicovered by elegant Michele Obama, he became famous and he is doing everything to become one of the best american designers. I love his style, I love his cut.



And the last show that I liked was Tadashi Shoji. It attracted me because Japanese do not usually make feminine clothes. It is not their style. They prefer strange cut, asymmetrical shapes... This dress is light and nice. I would rather put it in the spring collection.

1 comment: